Are you one of the many households who have taken advantage of the option to create renewable energy through solar panels? Whilst this form of energy generation is built to be durable, it is important to maintain your solar panels regularly to ensure they are working efficiently.
The benefits of solar power
There are many advantages to using power created by the sun. These include;
- A reduction in energy bills – One main reason to convert your power source to solar energy is to cut electricity bills.
- It’s a renewable energy source – Solar energy is a good alternative to fossil fuels as your main energy source because solar power is renewable.
- It’s environmentally friendly – Any effort that can reduce pollution in the environment helps to save the planet. Solar panels are able to harness the energy from the sun and convert it to electricity, making solar panels an environmentally friendly form of power generation.
Why do I need to maintain my solar panels?
Once you have invested in solar panels, protecting and maintaining your investment is vital. All electrical systems should be tested periodically and solar energy systems are no different. Although solar panels are durable, they need to be maintained well to last. Maintenance of your Solar PV system is essential to ensure it runs efficiently and you get the maximum feedback income. It is important that solar panel owners are vigilant of the effects of general wear and tear on their solar panels. Experts have agreed that dirty solar panels produce far less energy than a clean panel and this can drastically affect the efficiency and monetary value of your installed solar panels.
Having clean, well maintained, solar panels will help them work to their maximum capabilities and also make them look a lot nicer on your roof! In addition, your feed-in-tariff payments will improve over time and hopefully the benefits you get from installing the system will increase.
This means that with regular maintenance, your solar panels will:
- Perform at their best, maintaining their optimal service performance
- Last even longer
- Be a better long-term investment, with better financial returns
How can Equiptest help me?
At Equiptest, we can provide you with professional maintenance and testing of your solar panels. We are careful to think about the long term health of your solar panels and understand that any unforeseen damage caused by weather conditions, pollution, traffic dust or even bird droppings can lead to your installations failing to operate to its maximum efficiency. Our skilled staff can check all elements of the system and make any repairs as required.
Our maintenance checks include the following:
- Visual inspection of the panels
- Checks of the inverter, meter and other components
- Current and voltage check
- Inspection of roof condition
- Analysis of energy production
- A general inspection.
All inspections are carried out with the latest thermal imaging technology, to ensure there are no technical faults on any panels.
What do I do if my solar panels aren’t working?
If you are concerned that your solar panel system might not be working correctly there are a few checks that you can carry out to try and identify any issues.
- Checking your generation meter for any warning lights
- Tracking and analysing the figures on your generation meter
- Comparing your actual output to your quote (to spot any significant difference).
If there are any problems at all, please do not hesitate to give us a call. Often we can help over the phone, however if it is a more technical issue, we can make time to come to your location as soon as possible.
Contact Us to find out more
We want to help you take care and maximise the potential of your solar panels. Get in touch to find out more.