Here at Equiptest we are proud to announce that we recently signed the Armed Forces Covenant. This is a promise to those who serve or have served and their families that they will be treated fairly.
Why we signed the Covenant
We want to show our support for our employees who are reservists and veterans. We are committed to being a forces friendly employer and understand the vast range of skills that former armed forces personnel can bring to our business.
How we demonstrate our commitment
The Covenant is a living document. Every person or organisation that signs it has an individual pledge of how they will help the Armed Forces.
Our pledge is;
We recognise the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business and to our country. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- Promoting the Armed Forces: promoting the fact that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation, to our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and wider public.
- Veterans: supporting the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications in our recruitment and selection process; working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) to support the employment of Service leavers.
- Service Spouses & Partners: supporting the employment of Service spouses and partners; partnering with the Forces Families Jobs Forum; and providing flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment.
- Reserves: supporting our employees who are members of the Reserve Forces; granting additional paid/unpaid leave for annual Reserve Forces training; supporting any mobilisations and deploy-ment; actively encouraging members of staff to become Reservists.
- Cadet Organisations: supporting our employees who are volunteer leaders in military cadet organisations, granting additional leave to attend annual training camps and courses; actively encouraging members of staff to become volunteer leaders in cadet organisations; supporting local military cadet units; recognising the benefits of employing cadets/ex-cadets within the workforce.
- National Events: supporting Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities.
- Armed Forces Charities: supporting Armed Forces charities with fundraising and supporting staff who volunteer to assist.
- Commercial Support: offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces community.
- Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old: by advertising vacancies through the Career Transitions Partnership and the Recovery Career Service.
- Reservists: Supporting our reserves, from time off for training, called up for service and return to work requirements.
Showing our support
We know how important it is to have dedicated, resourceful staff who are great team players and we understand the great skills that former servicemen can bring to our business. We are also committed to supporting the development of our employees, which is why we are keen to help all our employees who are reservists. You can read our full covenant here Equiptest Covenant
If you would like to find out more about our Armed Forces Covenant just get in touch.